Friday, July 5, 2013

I am a girl and I don't like pink

I got home and had a package waiting for me: my replacement Nike+SportBand kindly sent over by the Nike Digital Sports team to replace my broken one. I have been waiting and waiting for over a month for this exchange and was so excited to open the box. My {spoiled} hopes turned bittersweet when I saw what was inside. You see, I was told upon return that I wouldn't be able to choose the replacement color I would receive. So of course, what color did I get: fireberry pink! My least favorite of all shades of pink, I believe; here's a quick peek at what it looked like.
Call me spoiled, but I was determined to get it exchanged for this pretty white one.

Thankfully, I was able to switch it out at the employee store and have been so enjoying it ever since!

All of this got me thinking...why did I end up with a fireberry colored SportBand in the first place? {Warning: I am going to make some assumptions now.} I am assuming that the people who were to replace my old SportBand looked at my name and saw that I am a girl and assumed that fireberry PINK would be the color I would choose. Welp, they were wrong. I am a girl, and I don't like pink. I believe that stereotypes can be true, but I do not like pink. {I don't hate pink, in fact, my favorite dress is this amazingly gorgeous light pink shade that I just adore.} Anyway, this inspired me to write you the following little note: 

I am a girl, and I don't like pink.
I am a girl, and I am tough.
I am a girl, and I like to sweat.
I am a girl, and I like to run.
I am a girl, and I am a leader.
I am a girl, and I am strong.
I am a girl, and I am logical. 
 I am a girl, and I drink black coffee.
I am girl, but I don't like pink, I am tough, 
I like to sweat, I run hard, I lead well,
I am strong, I am logical, and I drink black coffee. 

I am a girl, and I like to wear dresses. 
I am a girl, and I like lipstick. 
I am a girl, and I like to cook. 
I am a girl, and I like to clean my house. 
I am a girl, and I cry.
I am a girl, and I am spoiled.
I am a girl, and I have real emotions.
I am a girl, and I am feminine. 
I am a girl and I like to wear dresses and lipstick 
and to cook for my husband and to clean my house, 
I cry, have real emotions, am spoiled, and I am feminine. 

I am a girl and I don't like pink. 

P.S. I understand I am being slightly dramatic here about the color of my SportBand and was really, really spoiled about it, but I was sure to be kind to the people at Nike and they were kind back in letting me have the white one! Success!!!

1 comment: